Buffalo, New York: Mayor Byron W. Brown and the Buffalo Urban Development Corporation (BUDC), in partnership with Buffalo Place Inc. and Buy Black Buffalo, are excited to announce the 2023 Queen City Pop-Up Downtown Dollars Giveaway. The objective of the program is to position Downtown Buffalo as a premier destination for shopping and dining in Western New York. The program will also serve as a catalyst for small businesses to gain new customers, increase revenue, and bolster the economy in Buffalo’s central business district.
“Today I want to encourage City residents and visitors to celebrate, promote, and support all of our City’s shopping districts this holiday season that make our community great, including those located in Buffalo’s central business district. The Downtown Dollars Giveaway is a great program that encourages shoppers to pick up gifts, support local businesses and enjoy all that Downtown Buffalo has to offer during the holiday season,” said Mayor Brown. “This unique experience is another example of how we continue to bring people together to support local businesses all year-long. The Downtown Dollars Giveaway is a fun way to give local residents, workers, and visitors a chance to win $50 by spreading the word about the many great businesses in the heart of the City.”
This year’s Queen City Pop-Up Downtown Dollars Giveaway kicks off on Tuesday, November 21st and runs through Thursday, December 21st. A full list of participating businesses can be found on www.buffalourbandevelopment. com and www.buffaloplace.com. Mayor Brown also issued a reminder to shop local this Saturday, November 25th on Small Business Saturday, a day to celebrate and support all small businesses and all they do for our communities, stating, “This year, we know that small businesses need our support now more than ever as they continue to navigate, retool and pivot from the effects of the coronavirus pandemic”.
Throughout the promotion, the Queen City Pop-Up Program Downtown Dollars Giveaway will award $50 in Downtown Dollars gift certificates to 100 local winners. The program will be presented through our Queen City Pop-up social media channels as well as in-person opportunities to win! For more information on the drawings, go to the Queen City Pop-Up Facebook page.
Throughout the promotion, Queen City Pop-up will post photos and descriptions of participating retailers and restaurants on its Facebook page. By following the simple instructions, participants will be entered for a chance to win $50 in Downtown Dollars Certificates. Winners will be randomly selected at the end of each day. Downtown Dollars winners may use certificates at ANY participating business.
Brandye Merriweather, President of BUDC, emphasizes, “Supporting our local business community is a key priority for BUDC’s Queen City Pop-up initiative. This is an exciting way to encourage the local community to visit our local retail shops and restaurants this holiday season and throughout the year.”
“We are pleased to continue our partnership on the Queen City Pop Up Downtown Dollars initiative,” said Michael T. Schmand, Executive Director of Buffalo Place, Inc. “We are confident this promotion will bring additional visitors into the central business district during the holiday season.”
How it works:
- Queen City Pop-up will award $50 Downtown Dollars Giveaway Certificates to 100 winners from November 21, 2023 through December 21, 2023.
- Queen City Pop-up will post a photo and description of a Downtown Dollars Giveaway participating business. Viewers interested in winning the $50 Downtown Dollars Certificate will respond to social media posts and follow other simple instructions to win. For more information on the drawings, go to the Queen City Pop-Up Facebook page.
- Queen City Pop-up will host a Restaurant and Shopping Crawl, where patrons showing up at the specified dates and times listed below will all have a chance to win $50 in Downtown Dollars. Information on times and locations will be available at buffalourbandevelopment.com.
- Queen City Pop-up, in collaboration with the Michigan Street African American Heritage Corridor Soulful Christmas Market, will be hosting a giveaway for 20 patrons at its kick-off event on Saturday, December 2nd, from 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This is a family-friendly event that includes toy giveaways, art activities, storytelling hours, and a holiday market.
- Further details along with a full list of participating businesses will be featured on the Queen City Pop Up Facebook page, www.buffalourbandevelopment.com, and buffaloplace.com. Certificates will be provided in $25 increments, and winners may use one or both $25 certificates at participating businesses. Downtown Dollars can be redeemed with participating businesses until Friday, January 5, 2024.