A POPULAR retailer is set to open nearly 20 discount stores in the US this year.
Americans across the country can expect a Nordstrom Rack to open around them soon as a few grand openings will occur in a couple of different seasons.
While there’s good news, there’s bad news for some, which came from the company’s fourth-quarter earnings report.
But the good news is that new stores will open in 11 states across the border.
In 2022, the company said its retail sales increased by five percent compared with the 2021 fiscal year.
Here is the list of stores opening in the spring:
- The Summit in Birmingham, AL
- NOHO West in Los Angeles, CA
- The Terrace at Hamilton Place in Chattanooga, TN
- Bradley Fair in Wichita, KS
- Delray Place in Delray Beach, FL
- Clovis Crossing in Clovis, CA
- San Clemente Plaza in San Clemente, CA
- Best in the West in Las Vegas, NV
Here is the list of stores opening in the fall:
- Valley Mall in Union Gap, WA
- Cooper Point Marketplace in Olympia, WA
- Willamette Town Center in Salem, OR
- Anaheim Hills Festival in Anaheim Hills, CA
- Overland Crossing in Overland Park, KS
- SLO Promenade in San Luis Obispo, CA
- The Village at Allen in Allen, TX
- Sequoia Mall in Visalia, CA
- Pinole Vista Crossing in Pinole, CA
- Denton Crossing in Denton, TX
- Southlands in Aurora, CO
Additionally, another store is set to open during spring 2024 in Barrett Place in Kennesaw, Georgia.
END OF AN ERA
CEO Erik Nordstrom announced on March 2 that Nordstrom will be closing all its stores in Canada.
“We regularly review every aspect of our business to make sure that we are set up for success,” he said.
“We entered Canada in 2014 with a plan to build and sustain a long-term business there.”
“Despite our best efforts, we do not see a realistic path to profitability for the Canadian business.”
“This decision will simplify our structure, intensify focus on our growth and profitability goals and position us to create greater value for our shareholders,” said Nordstrom.
It is anticipated to close all its stores by June 2023.
HOW TO SAVE AT NORDSTROM
When you shop at Nordstrom, there are several ways to save money.
For starters, you join The Nordy Club, which is the retailer’s rewards loyalty program.
It allows you to earn points every time you shop at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook, which can be used on your future purchases.
For every dollar you spend, whether in stores or online, you will earn 1 point.
For every 2,000 points spent, you’ll get a $20 Nordstrom gift card.
Moreover, you can get great deals during The Nordstrom Anniversary sale.
It’s the retailer’s biggest annual shopping event where you can get new arrival items at a discounted price.
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale for this year will be on July 17.
Read more about Nordstrom’s store closures.
The U.S. Sun also compiled a list of stores closing.